Mike Benza wrote:
I can't figure out how ldapsearch is connecting -- either via LDAP or LDAPS. I'm so confused. Here's what I ran: ldapsearch -x -W -D "cn=ewb,ou=service accounts,dc=rice,dc=edu" -b "ou=People,dc=rice,dc=edu" '(uid=XYZ)' -h ldap.rice.edu <http://ldap.rice.edu>

I don't know if it's connecting with ldap or ldaps...If I try to catch it in netstat, it's either not there, or netstat doesn't list ldapsearch as the program running it.

In any case, I switched the apache configuation to use port 389, and instead of hanging, it just rejected the authentication over and over (I had to keep entering my username and password over and over)

- Mike Benza

Ok, this is becoming more of an LDAP question than it is Apache. Lets take it offline and if an Apache problem surfaces we can bring it back to this thread. I'll respond in a separate email.