Sorry, I made a big mistake in the URLs below.
Corrected in the text.

André Warnier wrote:
Ravindra,

ScriptAlias should be the name of a *directory* in which you have your
scripts. Not the name of the script itself.

Suppose your webserver's document directory (DocumentRoot) is something like
c:/apache2/htdocs
Then you would create a directory like
c:/apache2/cgi-bin
and you would have, in that directory, your script "test.pl".
Then you would have this Apache line :
ScriptAlias /test/ c:/apache2/cgi-bin/

and the URL to call your script would be something like
http://myserver.company.com/cgi-bin/test.pl
or
http://myserver.company.com/cgi-bin/test.pl?param1=value1;param2=value2

WRONG.
They should be :
> http://myserver.company.com/test/test.pl
> or
> http://myserver.company.com/test/test.pl?param1=value1;param2=value2
(because that is the "alias" you defined for that directory in your ScriptAlias directive).

Ravindra wrote:
I tried to replace my app with a perl test script and I get 500
internal server error when I try to access /test/ URL:

httpd.conf:

    ScriptAlias    /test/    "C:/Program Files/MyApp/bin/test.pl"

error.log:

[Tue Nov 18 21:53:15 2008] [error] [client ::1] (OS 3)The system
cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't create child process:
720003: test.pl
[Tue Nov 18 21:53:15 2008] [error] [client ::1] (OS 3)The system
cannot find the path specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
C:/Program Files/MyApp/bin/test.pl

I have confirmed that C:/Program Files/MyApp/bin/test.pl file exists.

script.log does not have any logs about it.

In the same folder I have my foo.exe and that does not result in
similar logs, instead script.log has empty response from that. I'm
sure I'm missing something very trivial.

Thanks for suggestions/help,
Ravindra

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Ravindra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In my case, Apache is running as localsystem and it happens consistently.
I'm just not able to use 2.2.10 due to this problem.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Dan Yamins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[Tue Nov 18 18:23:28 2008] [error] [client a.b.c.d] Premature end of
script headers: our_application.exe

ScriptLog might show you that your app is emitting an error message
instead of e.g. Content-Type header.

--
Actually, I've _also_ just started to have an intermittent and seemingly
obscure and very frustrating "premature end of script headers" problem.

I'm running a python script using CGI on a local apache-served virtual host. (It' just an internal development project.) The project involves layout of some large graph network structures, which are then viewed via a web-based
graph-vieweing tool.  The script uses the "Pygraphviz" module
(http://networkx.lanl.gov/pygraphviz/) to generate .svg files with layouts of the graph and the "zgrviewer" applet to view the graphs. During the script, I first construct the graph. After using the pygraphviz module to
do the layout of the graph as a data structure in memory, I invoke the
pygraphviz method "draw", which saves the graph to an .svg on disk. Then I issue the HTML code invoking the zgrviewer applet, which uses the saved .svg
file.

Sometimes -- only _sometimes_ -- when the script invokes the "draw" method,
I get a "premature end of script headers" problem, with error code 500.
Because the .draw method is outputing a file to disk, it seems like it might be a permissions-related problem. But I can't figure out what t is easily, becuase the problem only happens occasionally. Moreover, when it happens,
if I just hit "refresh" on the browser to run the script again, then it
usually runs fine.    I haven't been able to figure out more than this.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dan