Matt McCutchen wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 21:26 -0600, Robert Steinmetz wrote:
I think you may be right I've tried to put a ProxyHTMLURLMap in the configuration, it seems like all I need to do is remove one part of the url, from one file but so far It hasn't had any effect.

OK... please post the new configuration and, if possible, the HTML of
the problematic login page so I can see what is happening.

Also, you may wish to read the following HOWTO if you haven't already.
Note that your case of HTML rewriting is the reverse of the one in the
HOWTO in that you want to remove an /application prefix, not add it.

http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

Thanks for the link. That was one of the first ones I found.

Here is my entire current VirtualHost some of it is probably redundant, like the <Proxy> tags. I have tried a lot of variations and so far none of them have affected the error message I get.

<VirtualHost *:80 >

        ServerAdmin webmas...@localhost
        ServerName application.mydomain.com
        # DocumentRoot /var/www/application

        ProxyRequests Off

        <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        </Proxy>

        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.2/application/
        # ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.2/
        ProxyPassReverse /  http://192.168.1.2/application/
        # ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.2/

        SetOutputFilter  proxy-html
        ProxyHTMLInterp On
        ProxyHTMLExtended On
        ProxyHTMLURLMap / /application S

</VirtualHost>
When I access the server at http://application/mydomain/com

I get the correct login screen which is actually

   http://application/mydomain.co/default.aspx

After logging in I get this error

  Server Error in '/application' Application.

    /The resource cannot be found./

* Description: *HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

* Requested URL: */application/application/file.aspx
The browser says its at;

   http://applicaiton.mydomain.com/application/fileaspx

If I edit the URL in the browser to

   http://application.mydoamin.com/file.aspx

everything works fins and the application performs properly.

Did I mention that the reverse proxy is a Ubuntu box running apache2 and the application is on a windows server with IIS .NET and Microsoft SQL. I have looked at the default.aspx file and don't see what it is doing, and since it is a proprietary application I don't think I should publish it here.

--
Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal