Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
> J. Bakshi wrote:
>> I am running an apache server at a remote debian box which have 4 GB RAM
>> and quad-core intel CPU. During the development period the site was
>> first. But after finishing the site when people start to access it, the
>> site some times become very very very slow. There is no noticeable load
>> on the system, but still the site is not working  as fast as it were in
>> its development period.
>
> Double check that you aren't using your swapfile (the 'top' utility
> can tell you this). If too many concurrent Apache processes are
> allowed, they'll soak up all your RAM and more, and having to swap
> them to disk kills performance stone dead. While you're in 'top', you
> might check to see what is using the CPU while the site is running slow.
>
> Does your site use a database? Could the slowdown be due to
> competition for exclusive locks on tables? This could cause a site
> slowdown even with low CPU usage.

Hello Nicholas,

Thanks for your kind response.
Yes, the storage engine is mysql and it is actually typo3 powered site.
But I have already done the optimization in mysql level and there is no
such load on mysql. The server is armed with 4 GB Ram and quadcore
processor. When the site becomes slow ; the top shows it is actually
apache which consumes so much CPU. Is not there any way to optimize apache ?

Thanks