André Warnier <aw <at> ice-sa.com> writes:

>Now, to the OP : since you can do that with Perl, won't you consider
>writing your own Apache/mod_perl LDAP authentication module, where you
>can do exactly the same as you did in your test program ?

Yes that thought crossed my mind.  There are four ways I can think of to get it
working:

1.  Use the standard Apache LDAP modules.  Actually this might be more than one
way, because there are lots of different combinations of mod_auth_ldap,
mod_authz_ldap, mod_authnz_ldap and perhaps others... here I am using the last
of these.

2.  Patch the Apache code to authenticate against Active Directory in a more
straightforward way, that is, just bind with the username and password given by
the user, and if it works then authentication succeeds.

3.  Use Kerberos.

4.  Write a custom handler in Perl.

I'm still on (1) at the moment because there are so many tantalizing
half-complete howto instructions on the web, I'm convinced that somebody
somewhere has been able to make it work.

--
Ed Avis <e...@waniasset.com>