On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Steffen Tronstad <s...@nextgentel.com> wrote:
>> Now  I have to add SSL support for one of my domains, so I add Listen 443 to
>> my ports.conf, changes all <VirtualHost *> to <VirtualHost *:80> and create
>> a new <VirtualHost *:443> for my SSL site. I also change/add NameVirtualHost
>> *:80 and *:443 in my ’default’ file.
>>
>> This doesnt work at all. What am I doing wrong?
>>

> That looks exactly right.
>
> Can you elaborate on "doesn't work" and include the output of
> apachectl/apache2ctl/httpd -S and maybe your SSL config?
>
> --
> Eric Covener
> cove...@gmail.com

Just listening on 443 won't cut it, it does actually take a little
work to get SSL set up. Specifically, you need to create some
certificates and configure apache to use them, not to mention turning
on SSL. If you already did this, then like Eric said, you'll need to
be more specific about the behavior you're seeing.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/