On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Steffen Tronstad <s...@nextgentel.com> wrote:
> Ah, this helped alot.

Excellent, glad you were able to solve the problem.

> Now I have to find a way to disable entering my passphrase "every time"
> (once a year) the server reboots.

There's info about this in the apache docs about this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#removepassphrase
It comes down to three options: use a private key without a
passphrase, store your passphrase on disk, or manually enter your
passphrase when needed. Obviously the first two are security risks,
but if you have strong root protection and make them only readable by
root, then it may be an option. One way to look at it is that if there
is a passphrase, it needs to be stored somewhere and communicated to
the server. That means either in a file, or in your head.

-Brian
Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/