Presently based on the existance of SSL cert/key files, my application
decides either to start apache with (or) without "-D SSL" command line.  And
the corresponding derivatives for SSL configuration being wrapped under
"<IfDefine SSL>" clause. Due to some architectural constraint in my
application, I am planning to find an alternative way to dynamically define
"SSL" parameter in httpd.conf itself (with some derirather rather than
through command line option.

My doubt is, suppose if I have any derivatives in httpd.conf wrapped under
"<IfDefine ABC>" clause. Then, is command line option (-DABC) the one & only
means to define(enable) "ABC" paramater?

Or is there any altervative approach which allows me to define "ABC" through
httpd.conf? And achieve the similar functionality that "-DABC" would do...

(P.S: I feel that commenting & Uncommenting that IfDefine SSL in httpd.conf
wouldn't be robust enough).
Could you please help me out with your thoughts on this.