Seems it may be  a libc issue after changing libc I know get tons of
this output ( snipped )

...apachectl -k start -SSL
<Directory (core.c)
        Container for directives affecting resources located in the
specified directories
        Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or <Location>
<Location (core.c)
        Container for directives affecting resources accessed through
the specified URL paths
        Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or <Location>
<VirtualHost (core.c)
        Container to map directives to a particular virtual host,
takes one or more host addresses
        Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or <Location>
<Files (core.c)
        Container for directives affecting files matching specified patterns
        Allowed in *.conf anywhere and in .htaccess
        when AllowOverride isn't None
<Limit (core.c)
        Container for authentication directives when accessed using
specified HTTP methods
        Allowed in *.conf anywhere and in .htaccess
        when AllowOverride isn't None
<LimitExcept (core.c)
        Container for authentication directives to be applied when any
HTTP method other than those specified is used to access the resource
        Allowed in *.conf anywhere and in .htaccess
        when AllowOverride isn't None
<IfModule (core.c)
        Container for directives based on existance of specified modules
        Allowed in *.conf anywhere and in .htaccess
        when AllowOverride isn't None
<IfDefine (core.c)
        Container for directives based on existance of command line defines
        Allowed in *.conf anywhere and in .htaccess
        when AllowOverride isn't None
<DirectoryMatch (core.c)
        Container for directives affecting resources located in the
specified directories
        Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or <Location>
<LocationMatch (core.c)
        Container for directives affecting resources accessed through
the specified URL paths
        Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files> or <Location>

I have never seen this before so I am guessing it is an issue with httpd.conf ?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Phil Pinkerton <pcpinker...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> System: SunOS 5.10 sun4u sparc Sun-Fire-V210
>> Apache Source:httpd-2.2.11 - (httpd -v Apache/2.2.11 (Unix))
>> gcc = gcc 3.4
>> openssl 0.9.8i
>> openldap 2.4.11
>> Python-2.6
>> Subversion 1.5.6
>>
>> After a non-eventful configure & make, make install ( as far as I can tell )
>>
>> Start httpd:  httpd -k start -SSL  or apachectl -k start -SSL
>>
>> Result = Segmentation Fault
>
> get a core, post the pstack output from it, and ry removing features
> to isolate the failure (e.g. mod_ssl).
>
> Make sure you're really linked with your own copies of openssl and openldap.
>

> --
> Eric Covener
> cove...@gmail.com

" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a
physical concept lies exclusively in its clear and unambiguous
relation to the facts that it can be experienced"   AE

Please Feed and Educate the Children... it's the least any of us can do.