> Despite common quotations to the contrary, you /can/ successfully use
> Name-based Virtual Hosts with SSL. The caveat is that you have to use
> the same certificate and all the same SSL settings for all the virtual
> hosts, but that seems to be exactly what you're asking for. The first
> vhost that Apache finds for SSL will be used for configuring the SSL
> aspects, but beyond that, it will do further processing with the
> correct vhost as long as you have them listening on SSL port.
>
> I think that's all there is to it. I know I have it working on my
> server: if you're having trouble, I can reference my config files for
> you, but I won't get a change to till tomorrow night (Eastern Time).
>
> Hope that helps,
> -Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info.  Does this require VirtualHost containers for each domain?

I ran a quick test.  Using the VirtualDocumentRoot parameter, creating
one virtual host container with the IP of that I want to use...  I can
access all of the local domains via https, but the document root
always points to the virtualhost container used to provide the SSL
info - or, I found that removing the documentroot parameter in there
caused the system to revert to the general documentroot specified in
httpd.conf.  I'm testing the parameters within PHP, using phpinfo, if
that helps.

-Ed