Hi.

Apache 2.2.x, configuration.
I have read this : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html
but some aspect is still not very clear to me.

If I have :

<Location "/zone1/private">
  .. some directives A ..
</Location>

<Location "/zone2/private">
  .. some directives B ..
</Location>

<LocationMatch "/private$">
  .. some directives C ..
</LocationMatch>

(The above URIs do not reside on the filesystem.)

If I access "http://myhost.company.com/zone1/private";,
are the above directives A and C combined ?

Similarly if I access "http://myhost.company.com/zone2/private";,
are the above directives B and C combined ?

If not, is there a way to combine them, more or less in the way indicated above ?

I guess that the basic question is : does Apache finally select one and only one Location/LocationMatch which applies, and then apply only the directives within that section, or does it accumulate/merge all that applies ? From the doc, I believe the latter, but it would be nice to have a definite confirmation by an expert.

Thanks for enlightenment.