Diego Manilla Suárez wrote:

Any other alternative before giving up and modifying some of Tomcat classes?

a mod_perl output filter
That is one alternative which I know works.
I don't know about other ones.

It requires installing perl and mod_perl on your Apache server, configuring it, then adding something like this to your Apache configuration :

<Location "/mywebapp">
  # the following replaces JkMount/JkUnMount directives
  SetHandler jakarta-servlet
  # the following filter would modify outgoing Set-Cookie headers
  PerlOutputFilterHandler My::CookieFilter
</LocationMatch>

and of course, someone has to write that filter, but it's not so hard.