Hi All,

I have been struggling for several months now to try to allow my security
camera server be available through my internet connection. I am using
mod_proxy and its almost working, but not quite there.

Details:

Apache/2.0.52

httpd.conf

---------------

ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPreserveHost On

<Proxy *>

    Order deny,allow

    Allow from all

</Proxy>

<Location /cameras>

    ProxyPass http://192.168.1.53

    ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.1.53

    AuthName "Secure Area"

    AuthType Basic

    AuthUserFile /var/www/.htpasswd

    Require user u01 u02

</Location>

default.conf

------------------

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName mydomain.internal

        ServerAlias *.mydomain.internal

        DocumentRoot /var/www/html

        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log

        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/access_log combined

        RewriteEngine on

        RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$

        RewriteRule ^(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R]

</VirtualHost>

With the above configuration, it appears to nearly work. When I navigate to:

https://mypublic_domain.com/cameras

I see the homepage for the camera system. However, none of the resources on
the page render correctly (eg: CSS or Images). Using a proxy inspector, I
can see that the HTML returned in the initial call to
https://mypublic_domain.com/cameras requests resources in the following way
(eg): <link rel="stylesheet" href="css.css" type="text/css">

but when I look at the browser requests back to the server, it is requesting
https://mypublic_domain.com/css.css instead of
https://mypublic_domain.com/cameras/css.css

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for the help!