Maybe I'm wrong but it looks to me you are trying to redirect everything
that comes on port 80 (or any other port) to SSL port 443. So how does your
SSL virtual host look like? I would guess you need to put the location
statement inside that VH something like this:

<VirtualHost *:443>

<Location /cameras>

    ProxyPass http://192.168.1.53

    ProxyPassReverse http://192.168.1.53