Davide Bianchi wrote:
Drew Tomlinson wrote:
The two URLs are:

http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog
http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com

The first one is not a domain name, but a domain name + a subdir, that
make me think that you already have some sort of rewrite or redirect
rule that changes your URL adding the 'fatblog' bit.

Thanks for your reply. There is no rewrite or redirect. The "/fatblog" is an "Alias" defined in the drew.mykitchentable.net virtual host container. Here's the specific line:

Alias /fatblog "/path/to/wordpress"

Thus http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog is just the URL to my WordPress installation. There is nothing being done by Apache.

You'll need to check that and eventually add something similar to the
other vhost, unless is in an .htaccess and is not added by your webpress
installation.

For the rest, if you have a default configuration of Apache, the
hostname that is displayed is the same that the user typed in the
address bar. See the 'UseCanonicalName' options in the docs.

I looked at the UseCanonicalName directive but it doesn't seem to be the right answer for me. My WordPress installation is set up as http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog so all the links on the WordPress pages point to http://drew/mykitchentable.net/fatblog/whatever. Thus if one enters the WordPress site with URL http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog and begins navigating through the site, http://drew/mykitchentable.net/fatblog/whatever is always displayed in the browser address bar. This is exactly what I expect and want.

Now I also want to have one be able to access the WordPress installation via http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com. Thus I have configured a virtual host with these relevant directives:

ServerName fatblog.freehealthupdates.com
DocumentRoot /path/to/wordpress

With this setup, I can enter the WordPress installation via http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com. However because the WordPress installation is setup as http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog, all the links on the page point to http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog/whatever. Thus clicking on any link changes the address in the browser's address bar from http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com to http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog/whatever.

So I guess my question is, "If I click on a link named http://drew.mykitchentable.net/fatblog/whatever, how can I make the address displayed in the browsers address bar show http://fatblog.freehealthupdates.com/whatever?";. Is this possible and if so, how?

These are all working links so you can actually try them if you wish.

Thanks for your help!

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!