Dear BipinDas, Under these loads i would suggest you to try Worker-MPM
model. Because in prefork whatever you do, if you get 500 requests which are
being served *simultaneously*, it would create 500 processes!! Its a one
process per request model. So at higher load you would definitely run out of
resources which is causing your server to hang perhaps. And the details you
have provided are quite normal for your configuration. I get even more than
that in my test scenarios!. The problem might be because of some peak load
times which consumes your resources.

Also, is there any chances of number of *simultaneous* clients to go above
251 at peak loads? If so, try increasing that. (though i personally wont
prefer prefork in high load scenarios)

Regards
Prasanna Ram