Hi,

I'm a newbie with Apache. I've just taken on a site built with FrontPage and I want to develop and test with a local <http://www.apache.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.0#>apache server running on XP. I've downloaded and installed Apache 2.2, got SSI working and can browse the main site.

The problem is that there is a 'subweb' and I can't get that to run properly. The (simplified) directory structure looks like:

C:\mywebs\mywebsite\mysubweb

In C:\mywebs\mywebsite I have index.html plus several other .html and shtml files

In C:\mywebs\mywebsite\mysubweb I have index.htm and index.shtml plus several other .html and shtml files

In the htttpd.conf, I have:

DocumentRoot "C:/mywebs/mywebsite"

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "C:/mywebs/mywebsite">

   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes

   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

</Directory>

So, with this configuration, I can connect via localhost to mywebsite and everything works just fine but if I follow a link or try to connect to 'mysubweb', I get a directory listing of mysubweb. Once I am there, I can click on index.shtml and everything seems to work fine. Clearly, I'm missing some configuratuion item or I'm totally misunderstanding what I'm doing. I am beginning to suspect that I need to set up two VirtualHosts but I'd appreciate some guidance before I start down that path.

Thnx

Steve