Hi

(Hope this isn't a dupe. I just registered.)

Running
Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Server built:   Jul  6 2009 05:29:28

Our website's accessed at two domains, like site.org and x.site.edu.
It's largely driven by Perl programs loaded by mod_perl, but has some static content. I want to configure it so that all requests for directory URLs map to index.html in DocumentRoot.

My impression from http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex is that one way would be to have httpd.conf say
DirectoryIndex /index.html

and have that index.html in turn say

but I understand that Refresh isn't recommended (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_refresh ). Furthermore, a test shows that this works for URLs asking for directories in site.org but not x.site.edu.

It seemed that another alternative is to define
DirectoryIndex /cgi-bin/directory/

in httpd.conf where '/cgi-bin/directory/' is the root directory of requests served by Perl, but that produces an "Attempt to serve directory: /scriptroot/cgi-bin/" error that I didn't expect.

BR
Arthur

Also, is there a way to have a running Apache httpd output the directives it knows?