Hi,

my DocumentRoot is /srv/www/blah.com/htdocs. I prefer to have all my
photos on my dedicated photo drive which is somehwere under
/usr/local/video/pics/.

After finding some contradictory getting access on my website to these
photos via symlinks, I've tried very hard to the +FollowSymLinks to work,
but then I found infos that this works only inside the <Directory ...>
where its defined in (which for me is the same as the DocumentRoot).

Is anyone here aware of a solution? Can I somehow get access to data
stored outside my DocumentRoot? If so what keywords should I search for?
Or: What part of Apache's manual addresses this question?

Any help appreciated,
Raimund