It was thus said that the Great Raimund Eimann once stated:
> Hi,
>
> my DocumentRoot is /srv/www/blah.com/htdocs. I prefer to have all my
> photos on my dedicated photo drive which is somehwere under
> /usr/local/video/pics/.

  You can add the following to your configuration file:

        Alias /pics/    "/usr/local/video/pics/"
        <Directory "/usr/local/video/pics">
                # directives to protect, set up this directory
        </Directory>

  The images will be references from the website as:

        http://www.example.net/pics/...

  But they will be stored on the disk under the given location in the Alias.

  -spc