On 16-Sep-2009, at 08:22, Eric Covener wrote:
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:02 AM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
OTOH, _default_ is dangerous, and you have to be sure that it is the LAST
directive as it stomps everything that follows it.

Whether it comes first or last, it never "covers up"  a VirtualHost
with a specific (and matching) IP address.

"The default vhost for port 80 (which must appear before any default vhost with a wildcard port) catches all requests that were sent to an unspecified IP address. The main server is never used to serve a request."

The parenthetical certainly gives the impression that a _default_ stomps on following directives, but I've never tested that. Rereading it, I can see that it could easily not imply what I thought it implied.

--
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.