Joahnn Gile wrote:
--- Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> schrieb am Di, 22.9.2009:

Consider using mod_authz_owner which will do
authentication based on the username that owns the
file/directory. Assuming that the directories in question
will be owned by that user, that should work.

Unfortunately that will not work as the users do not have system accounts, we
use mod-auth-mysql and all files are owned by the apache user.

I think this would be quite easy to do using mod_perl.
- catch the request before mod_auth_mysql (e.g. in a PerlAccessHandler)
- in function of the "user" part of the URL, set the "required user" on-the-fly
- let mod_auth_mysql do its stuff to authenticate the user
- let the Apache "require user xxxx" (as modified by the mod_perl module above) catch the inappropriate user