On 22.09.09 17:30, J. Bakshi wrote:
> In my linux server ( opensuse 11) , I am running apache with some
> vhosts.  All the virtual-hosts are running well.  But the apache log
> file is common for all the virtual hosts ; that is
> /etc/var/log/apache/access.log.  How can I get per vhost log so that I
> can use awstat  as well as monitor log for concerned vhost only ?

you can define CustomLog (or TransferLog) directive in each virtual host.
However I don't recommend that one - many logfiles slows down starting and
reloading apache since all log files need to be reopened.

You also can't do it for dynamic virtual hosts, for that you need to log to
a program that will split logs based on virtual host provided.

BTW, awstats is able to extract virtual host logs from common log, so for
awstats you don't need to use more logfiles.

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.