I've installed Apache httpd on a laptop here. It hangs on all requests.
It is using the default configuration. It is clearly getting the request
because if I restart apache the request is terminated. I thought it
might be a firewall issue, however I downloaded some web server called
Abyss and it works fine. There is nothing in the access log at all and
nothing in the error log except the start up stuff. I've installed
Apache many times without problem. This is happening with 2.2.4 and with
2.2.13.  I put wireshark on the line and the only thing in the tcp
stream is the browser making the request. The same behavior happens on
localhost. Any ideas?