-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:n...@webthing.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 11:35 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] httpd hangs on all requests

Paul Buder wrote:
> I've installed Apache httpd on a laptop here. It hangs on all
requests.
> It is using the default configuration.

  What default?  There are lots of packagers shipping a range of
defaults.
  You're not meant to run without doing your own configuration.

The default configuration from apache.org. I have read through all of it
and
It all seems fine. I know long ago httpd used to ship with the default
port
being 8080 to force you to read the file but that isn't the case
anymore.

  My guess would be it's your networking.  Could it be, for example,
  that you're forcing HostnameLookups, but have DNS timing out?

It would seem not. There is no reference to HostnameLookups in my config
and the docs say the default is off. I don't see how it can be
networking when another web server works on the same port (obviously not
at the same time).

--
Nick Kew