Nick Kew wrote:
David L. Crow wrote:
We determined it was a problem with an incompatible apr package that got auto-updated on the server from an alternate repository. Going back to the CentOS versions got us back in business.

Can you tell us the APR version that caused the coredump
and the one that works well for you?

That should NOT happen with any sane upgrade!  If you've
got a regression there, it would be good to know about it.

The failing ones were

  apr.x86_64 1.3.8-1.jason.1
  apr-util.x86_64 1.3.9-1.jason.1
  apr-devel.x86_64 1.3.8-1.jason.1
  apr-util-devel.x86_64 1.3.9-1.jason.1

from the utterramblings repository (http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/). We were using that repository for another package and picked these up unexpectedly.

Jason provides an httpd, but that wasn't picked up. I'm guessing if both had been installed, we would be in better shape.

We're back to

  apr-1.2.7-11.el5_3.1
  apr-devel-1.2.7-11.el5_3.1
  apr-util-1.2.7-7.el5_3.2
  apr-util-devel-1.2.7-7.el5_3.2

from the CentOS repository.

Sorry for the noise.

--
 David L. Crow                     Texas!  It's like a
 c...@orangeblood.org              whole other country.