Hi Mick,

We are using logrotate to rotate the logs using the following conf file;

*********************
/var/log/apache2/*.log {
        weekly
        missingok
        rotate 12
        compress
#       delaycompress
        notifempty
        create 640 www-data www-data
        sharedscripts
        postrotate
                if [ -f "`. /etc/apache2/envvars ; echo
${APACHE_PID_FILE:-/var/run/apache2.pid}`" ]; then
                        /etc/init.d/apache2 reload > /dev/null
                fi
        endscript
}
**********************

The log that was just rolled doesn't continue to grow. It's gzip'd and then
sits there. A new log is created but then doesnt grow. The listing shows this;

-rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data       0 2009-09-27 06:38 access.log
-rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data 1119157 2009-09-27 00:19 access.log.1.gz
-rw-r----- 1 www-data www-data  167234 2009-09-22 05:25 access.log.2.gz

Any ideas ?

Olly

--
G2 Support
Network Support : Online Backups : Server Management

Web: www.g2support.com
Twitter: g2support