Hi chaps,

Was wondering if someone can help me look at a problem. We've created a new
virtual host entry on a particular box, which do frequently (once a month or
so) only this time, when a user goes to the new site, they get directed to the
first site in the conf file.

You can type in http://wiggle.mydomain.com and hit enter and you instantly get
a http://woggle.mydomain.com and the address bar in the browser also changes.

I've tried creating other new virtual host entries with just the absolute basic
entries and those also show the same issue. I've also tried adding a custom log
entry for the new vhost sites but the log stays empty.

There's no .htaccess file involved in either of the sites.

The new vhost entry looks like this;

<virtualhost new_site.mydomain.co.uk:80>

             documentroot /var/www/new_site

             servername new_site.mydomain.co.uk

</virtualhost>

The site that it get's directed to looks like this;

<VirtualHost first_site.mydomain.co.uk:80>

        DocumentRoot /var/www/first_site

        ServerName first_site.mydomain.co.uk

        ServerName first_site.mydomain.com

        <directory />

                AuthBasicProvider ldap

                AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off

                AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=LDAP USER,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=local"

                AuthLDAPBindPassword ***************

                AuthLDAPURL
"ldap://server1/DC=mydomain,DC=local?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)" NONE

                AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on

                require ldap-group CN=Web Users,OU=Security Groups,OU=Mydomain
LLP,DC=mydomain,DC=local

                AuthName "Mydomain First Site"

        </directory>

</VirtualHost>

There are lots of other sites on the server and they are working fine, its just
started happening today. We've also tried using a plain "hello world" style
index.html file to rule out any meta refresh issue that the coders may have put
in to the index file. The SVN stuff all works fine, it's just there for the
sake of accuracy.

Is there a way to find out whats causing the redirect and/or where they
redirect is happening ?

Olly

--

G2 Support

Network Support : Online Backups : Server Management