Hello,

I have looked a lot in Internet, and found many people complaining about the
same problem, with no normal answer.

My problem:
mod_rewrite with its RewriteCond %{ENV:variable} form cannot read correctly the
environment variables.

The variable is set directly in the .htaccess OR in the main httpd.conf. No
matter, the variable won't be read. THe logging of the rewrite process will
show that the value of %{ENV:variable} will be "".

I have found the same problem posted 5 years ago, with no answer, which is
awkward (if this is a bug).

What I wrote was:

SetEnv APPLICATION_ENV development

RewriteCond %{ENV:APPLICATION_ENV} ^development$
RewriteRule ^.*$ /XXX/index.php [NC,L]

Unfortunately, it doesnt work. Any experience with that? Where should I
complain further?