On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Mike Cardwell
<apache-us...@lists.grepular.com> wrote:
> Does Apache intend to add support for Googles recently announced SPDY
> protocol?
>
> http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/spdy/spdy-whitepaper
>
> --
> Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
> Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/
> Technical Blog: https://secure.grepular.com/blog/
[clip]

Speaking as someone not at all involved in development of any Apache
products, I'd say it seems awfully premature to really be thinking too
hard about that. It looks like an interesting protocol, but it's still
just a research project, right? Even once the protocol is "finalized"
at Google, we'll have to see how it faces up to the IETF: without a
recommendation on their part, I'd be very surprised if it goes
anywhere at all.

That said, if it does start going anywhere promising, it probably
would be a good thing to support in Apache. One day, HTTP may go the
way of the Gopher. Hey, maybe Google could provide some funding and/or
other partnership benefits to the Apache Foundation in order to speed
up adoption of their pet protocol.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://keys.gnupg.net