I would vote to make it a module over a patch due to Brian Mearns making a good point about it possibly not moving beyond the IEFT. At least a modular design can just be dropped from the operation of the server without having to remove code from the core of the project (and network admins having upgrade etc).

From what has been stated in the whitepaper, it shows very good positives with very few drawbacks. I can't believe it would be voted against by the IEFT with the increases that have been stated. Plus, using the application layer, the incorporation of the protocol can be made painlessly (to the end user) by the browser and web server companies/developers.

Dave

Nick Kew wrote:
Mike Cardwell wrote:
Does Apache intend to add support for Googles recently announced SPDY protocol?

http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/spdy/spdy-whitepaper

Patches welcome!  Or in this case, maybe a module.