In file httpd.conf
I modified DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs" ,  to be DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/test"
Then <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"> to be <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/test">
at the end of the above operation I created a directory "test" in the
Apache2.2 directory and put inside the file phptest.php which contained the
script .

> html>
> <head>
>     <title> PHP </title>
> </head>
>     <?php
>       echo "It really works!"
>     ?>

But the message "It really works" does not get displayed when typed the URL
http:/localhost/test/phptest.php, what is displayed is "
Not Found

The requested URL /test/phptest.php was not found on this server.
*The line LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/apache2_2.dll and the lines AddType
application/x-httpd-php .php, AddType application /x-httpd-php-source .phps
were also added*

*Regards Varuna*