Igor Cicimov wrote:
> What are the rewrite rules you have put in the main config file? Do
> you have "RewriteEngine On" statement first?

Yes, I have the statement already there. Here is my config

````
Alias /personal/joydeep  /var/personal_work_area/joydeep

        <Directory /var/personal_work_area/joydeep/>
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /personal/joydeep/test

                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
````

and .htaccess ( ilocated at /personal/joydeep/test) is

````
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^alice.html$ bob.html
````

I have checked that RewriteBase is working perfectly when placed in
.htaccess. When I have placed it in apache configuration the sites stops
working as it then trying to access  /var/www

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM, J. Bakshi <joyd...@infoservices.in
> <mailto:joyd...@infoservices.in>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     RewriteBase is working perfectly OK in .htaccess but not in apache
>     configuration file.  Do we need any special syntax to make it
>     working in
>     apache configuration file ?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     --