On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:27 AM, J. Bakshi <joyd...@infoservices.in> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> RewriteBase is working perfectly OK in .htaccess but not in apache
> configuration file.  Do we need any special syntax to make it working in
> apache configuration file ?

You don't need RewriteBase in your apache configuration file. The
RewriteBase directive's purpose is to solve a problem caused by the
fact that URL to Filename translation has allready taken place by the
time Apache gets to reading your .htaccess file. You don't have this
problem with RewriteRules in httpd.conf, so there you don't need this
directive.

Krist

--
krist.vanbes...@gmail.com