Hi,

have you verified, that your platform compiler can compile in 64-bit mode? In
case of gcc, you can forcce it with -m64. Create a little helloworld-program
and compile it with -m64. If the compiler complains, you can't build 64-bit
executables.

You may also want to try to set CFLAGS to "-m64" (for gcc).

Regards,
Edgar