502 is Bad Gateway, which means that apache and back-end had a protocol
problem. Probably the back-end didn't handle the upload correctly. What
do the back-end logs say?

You mention a "large" file without saying what that means 1 Mb? 1 Gb? 1
Tb? what happens with a "small" file (10 b, 1 kb, 10 kb...)?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> The access and error logs are below and my virtual host config.
> I can't think what else to try.  I was using RewriteRules for this.
> Same situation.
>
> This is a production server and it's having problems.  Any
> help would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Scott
>

> access log
> <IPADDRESS> - - [24/Nov/2009:16:13:46 -0500] "POST
> /lertwfm/addFileToCase HTTP/1.1" 502 422
>
> error log
> [Tue Nov 24 16:18:23 2009] [error] [client <IPADDRESS>] (70014)End of
> file found: proxy: error reading status line from remote server
> 127.0.0.1, referer:
> http://lertwfmdev.odc.vzwcorp.com/lertwfm/detail_edit_case?cas
e_id=6667
> [Tue Nov 24 16:18:23 2009] [error] [client <IPADDRESS>] proxy: Error
> reading from remote server returned by
> /lertwfm/addFileToCase, referer:
> http://lertwfmdev.odc.vzwcorp.com/lertwfm/detail_edit_case?cas
e_id=6667

> <VirtualHost *>
>     DocumentRoot "/opt/webapp/wfm"
>     ServerName foo.bar.com
>     ErrorLog "|/usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs
> /usr/local/apache2/logs/lert_wfm-error_log 86400"
>     CustomLog "|/usr/local/apache2/bin/rotatelogs
> /usr/local/apache2/logs/lert_wfm-access_log 86400" common
>
>   <Location ~ "^/static/.*$">
>     FileETag None
>
>     ExpiresActive On
>     ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 hours"
>
>     Order allow,deny
>     allow from all
>     SetHandler default-handler
>   </Location>
>
>   ProxyPass /static/ !
>   ProxyPass /lertwfm/static/js/ !
>   ProxyPass /fax/ http://127.0.0.1:9010/fax/
>   ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:9000/ connectiontimeout=900 timeout=900
>
>   <Location ~ "^(?!/static/).*$">
>     Order allow,deny
>     allow from all
>   </Location>
>
> </VirtualHost>

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in
error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the
message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy
any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through their networks.