Carsten Wiedmann wrote:
> William A. Rowe Jr. schrieb:
>> I agree it should be easier, Rich and I have it down to 3-4 lines of rewrite
>> magic
>> to kick out a 400, but we should probably allow this to be explicit
>> [default?]
>
> That would be nice. And if I'm be able to set the status code in a
> RewriteRule and/or Header directive.
> I guess you have seen my RewriteRule with the Perl script in my other message.
> Well, I'm only using a Perl script, because this is not possible (assuming
> httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf is enabled):
> | RewriteRule ^.*$ /error/HTTP_BAD_REQUEST.html.var \
>   [PT,NS,E=REDIRECT_STATUS:400]
> | Header set Status "400 Bad Request"
>
> I'm getting my multi language error document, but I can't set the status
> header in this way.

You are going way overboard, I suspect.  Simply try;

NameVirtualHost *:80

# This MUST be the first host, it will be the default after all other
# hosts are evaluated and rejected.  The servername must simply be a
# name which is never used, so example.com is appropriate.
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName bad.host.example.com
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule .* - [R=400]