William A. Rowe Jr. schrieb:
>> Well, and the error document with [R=400] (or other status codes) is also
>> not multi language.
>
> Right; presume for a moment that anyone hitting your server with a bogus dns
> reference or by-ip is doing so in a less-than-friendly, spidery or malicious
> manner.  Are they really worth sending an elegant error page to?

OK, for script kiddies is must not be multi language (maybe just for
completeness).

It's more because of the common wildcard DNS. For an vhost I have deleted in
Apache, it might be also possible to set an status 410, but I guess 400 is
better (not only the current uri is gone, the whole host does not exist). Of
course, setting a 410 is the same "problem".

> I'm not certain if this works, but;
>
> Redirect 400 /
>
> or
>
> RedirectMatch 400 .*

It's the same as with:
| RewriteRule ^.*$ - [R=400]

BTW:
If "httpd-multilang-errordoc.conf" is enabled, all above solutions are also
not working nice. Because now the error document shows:

| Bad Request
|
| Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
|
| Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while
| trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

(and with [R=404] you have an additional error, because of  endless internal
redirects)

Regards,
Carsten