On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 06:49, Rajwinder-office Singh
<rajwinder.makkar.off...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is one simple looking requirement :
>
> I want to put max-age header of value X on my home page and a value of Y for
> rest of my website.
>
> index.html is my default page but remember i cannot put
>
> <LocationMatch  "^/index.html">
> Header set Cache-Control max-age=X
> </LocationMatch>
>
> As people will be hitting my website as : : http://www.abc.com and NOT
> http://www.abc.com/index.html
>
> Please suggest.
>

> Now while trying things i came across this :
>
> <LocationMatch  "^/[a-z]">
> Header set Cache-Control max-age=7200
> </LocationMatch>
>
> Ideally it seems that above rule will "NOT" apply to "/" alone. But it does
> ;-) Now try this :
>
> <LocationMatch  "^/([a-h]|[j-z]">
> Header set Cache-Control max-age=7200
> </LocationMatch>
>
> This one will "NOT" apply to "/" alone. So some how character "i" matches
> "/" ;-)
>
> Thanks
> Rajwinder Singh

Use mod_expires, it will set Cache-Control for you, and use
ExpiresDefault for the default expiry policy:

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault a7200 # or ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 hours"

<Location "/index.html">
    ExpiresDefault "access plus <somethingelse>"
</Location>

I use this configuration and it works wonderfully (I use
ExpiresDefault "now" for index.html however).

You can also use ExpiresByType, but it won't be suitable for your case, I think.

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM