How do you associate an Alias with a specific VirtualHost?

Under sites-enabled/000-default, I have:

<VirtualHost *>
</VirtualHost>

<VirutalHost www.mydomain.com:443>
</VirtualHost>

Then under a file in conf.d, I have an alias

Alias /blah /foor/bar

I want this alias to take affect only under the SSL virtual host, and to be
unavailable on port 80.

I tried wrapping the Alias and associated configs under a VirtualHost tag but
that creates overlapping VirtualHosts and breaks SSL completely.  I also tried
going to a NameVirtualHost like so:

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
        ServerName www.mydomain.com

and wrapping the alias in a VirtualHost tag.  This gets rid of the complaint
about overlapping VirtualHosts but also breaks SSL completely.

I could, of course, move the Alias and associated configs under the
<VirtualHost> section of 000-default, but that rather defeats the purpose of
having split config files.

I've pored over the Apache docs, dug through the wiki and tried a plethora of
different Google searches and haven't been able to find the answer to what I
would think would be a simple and fairly common scenario.  Maybe my search-fu
is weak.

Any assistance or pointers to relevant pages or docs would be greatly
appreciated.

--
"Marijuana makes you sensitive. Courtesy has a great deal to do with being
sensitive. Unfortunately marijuana makes you the kind of sensitive where you