hi Guys

I am using apache version Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) on Fedora -11 , and using
ldap as url authentications. I setup my conf in -->
/etc/httpd/conf.d/mydomain.conf with below values

I define only here below the ldap related entries only.

LDAPTrustedMode TLS
LDAPConnectionTimeout 7

<Directory "/var/www/html/test" >

AuthName "Testing Ldap fail over"
AuthType Basic

# The LDAP server(s)
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap1.mydomain.com
ldap2.mydomain.com/dc=mydomain,dc=com?uid??"
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPBindDN "uid=webcon,ou=WebAdmin,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
AuthLDAPBindPassword abxxyz

AuthLDAPGroupAttribute memberUid

Require ldap-group cn=WEBOU,dc=mydomain,dc=com
Order Allow,Deny
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews
Allow from All

</Directory>

So its working when primary ldap1 server is up but for testing i down the
ldap1 and then do check, so apache not forwarded the auth request to ldap2.
I want to immediate ldap failover if primary ldap1 is down so it connects
to ldap2 after just some seconds. For this i can find directive
"LDAPConnectionTimeout" in docs i can try it to define 7 seconds as mention
above in conf, but still it fails to connect with ldap2.

So please kindly give suggestions , what i need extra to make ldap fail over
effective.