----- Original Message -----
From: "Res" <r...@ausics.net>
To: users@httpd.apache.org, "THE KING" <r...@computerking.ca>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 7:06:17 PM
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] redirects only working for some virtual hosts

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

>> <VirtualHost 66.244.200.225:80>
>?     ServerName mail.archesshoes.ca
>>     Redirect permanent / https://mx1.canmail.org/
>? </VirtualHost>

>It is a very BAD idea to share a https server IP with an IP on a
>non-ssl http server (ideally, they should be two separate machines),

Not 2 different machines, but 2 different instances of Apache running.

>I suspect this is where it might be going haywire, if you have another
>IP, put the secure server on that.

hmmm I might do that, but would be a real hassle, for now i would like to keep
things the way they are.  Besides some virtual hosts are working fine!

>I just tried to hit it, and my DNS is not getting the instruction to
>lookup canmail.

not sure what you mean by that mx1.canmail.org right? DNS should be working ok

>Did the logs show anything?

nothing in any of the apache logs forget how to check the bind stuff just
checking into that now.

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!

Computer King                   CaN-Mail                    Surveillance King
http://computerking.ca     http://canmail.org      http://surveillanceking.net

Surveillance - Sales Service - Hosting Backup
NEW!!! Internet Based Surveillance Systems
Custom Service Pac kages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting
Packages