n Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Martin Barry <ma...@supine.com> wrote:
> $quoted_author = "David Cotter" ;
>>
>> I have two virtual hosts and a squid proxy running. I want to be able to use
>> the squid proxy on port 80 though it is running on 3128.
>
> Why? If you describe a bit more exactly what you are trying to achieve it
> would help us help you.
>

>> This does not work I get an error when I set my browser to use
>> 111.222.22.22:80 as proxy what I want is for apache to chain to squid.
>
> You almost certainly don't want to configure your browser to use Apache as a
> generic proxy.
>

>> GET /urlrequested.html HTTP/1.1
>>
>> Host: localhost:3128
>> Invalid Request
>
> Well, it's an invalid request. Port numbers don't belong in host headers.

I have a server that runs a web site. I also want that server to host
a squid http proxy for a different project - but squid has to be
listening on port 80 and so does the web server. So What I am trying
do do is send the request appropriately based on domain name. If is is
xyz.com then send it to the web site otherwise  chain it to squid.
Thanks,
David