On 16.02.2010 19:25, Matthew Smith wrote:

I don't think it is the router.  If I set the root to a local directory,
I can get apache to start and serve pages fine.  It fails if I use a
mapped drive.

I don't know much about running Apache on Windows, but I wonder what user Apache is being run as. I assume it's installed as a service. Even if 'Everyone' includes the account under which Apache is being run, it's environment still might not have the drive mappings that you yourself see when you're logged in. Perhaps using \\othermachine\sharename instead of mapped drive letter will do the trick.

--
Toomas