Just give the servers different names. apache2 and apache2-different_port. Means you have to compile each server with that name and your server with the not 80 address will have a different Listen port in the httpd.conf file. Start the server with /usr/local/apache2-different_port/bin/apachectl start. The nice thing about doing this is that you can put different things in different servers - say a light server with not much added and then a server with php and mod-perl to do other things.

bob

Aruna Gummalla wrote:
Hi,

Can I have 2 httpd servers running on 2 different ports? If so, what is the configuration change that i need to do.

I tried running apachectl start with different port numbers in httpd.conf. But it says httpd already running.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
Aruna.