Yes, Rich

I do use proxypass, proxypassreverse, mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbo...@rcbowen.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:49 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Bugs or problem?

On Feb 25, 2010, at 10:30 AM, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

> Hi, Rich
>
> Yes the login page for the user authentication comes from Tomcat server. The
> traffic between Solaris Apache and HPUX Apache server are strictly 'http',
> HPUX Apache redirect traffic to AJP port of Tomcat through mod_jk. In my
> Apache 2.2.14 test, except downgraded Apache from v2.2.14 to 2.0.15 on
> Solaris and its related configuration changes in httpd.conf, there is no
> other changes made. That is why I think there is a problem in Apache v2.2.14.
>
> I should make it clear. In my previous HPUX Apache v2.2.8 problem, the Apache
> on HPUX had two separate virtual servers. At the time, one virtual web server
> had strictly static html web pages and served by Apache directly. The other
> virtual web server uses mod_jk for the communication between Apache and
> Tomcat. When the problem happened, clients could access web server with
> static web pages no problem. Clients could not access the web server with
> Apache and Tomcat. Restart Tomcat did not help. Restart Apache helped. It
> could last for several days no problem. After that, the problem happened
> again and needed to restart Apache again. Once I downgraded Apache from
> v2.2.8 to v2.0.59 without other changes, the problem is gone.

Ruiyuan,

I'm sorry to have wasted your time assuming that this was a problem that could
be easily resolved. It seems like maybe this is a difference in how mod_proxy
handles stuff - I assume you're using ProxyPass and mod_proxy_http.

I would suggest that you post your situation on
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ , with as much detail as possible,
including your ProxyPass configuration.

--Rich

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.