Rupert Reid wrote:

On 25 Feb 2010, at 14:13, Lester Caine wrote:

Rupert
See Rich's post
It explains the problem nicely. I was off teack a little as my own
setup needed ip addresses for different reasons when I set it up.
It is the 'forwarding' that needs to be 'fixed' rather than your end :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL

Thank you Rich and Lester,

This is what I thought from the begining. Before contacting this list I
contacted my dns host 123-reg.c.uk and asked how I could resolve this -
they told me that the problem was with my host (me) and I should contect
them.. "... the URL on the address bar may change after the domain is
forwarded to the destination host and it is outside our control."

My DNS host is unhelpful. Is there a dns host that I could transfer to
that would would allow me to abandon forwarding and fix this problem?

I have a fixed IP address here AND I use 1and1 as well but it's not the cheapest approach ;) 1 and 1 are my off site backup which is why I don't mind paying.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL