On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Rupert Reid wrote:

> 123-reg does not allow one to opt out of web forwarding as such.  There is an
> option for "No web forwarding" but this will compulsorily point to 123-Reg
> default page if anyone typing isinglive.co.uk into a web browser.
>
> There is only a real choice between framed or non-framed forwarding.
> - Framed forwarding will only show a fixed url of your choice e.g.
> http://isinglive.co.uk.
> - Non-framed forwarding will show the host address e.g.
> http://80.189.101.120/isinglive/.
>
> In this circumstance I do not want to use non-framed forwarding because some
> browser (IE) creates an alert message warning the browser that the web
> address is non standard.
>
> How have you been able to overcome this with 123-reg?
>
> Ideally I want the 80.189.101.120 part of the url to be replaced with
> isinglive.co.uk in the browser.

You can't.

It's a direct consequence of "framed forwarding", as you call it. If you use
frames, this is how it's going to work.

What you need, instead, is to have your hostname isinglive.co.uk pointing to
your IP address 80.189.101.120 in an actual DNS server. Without that, you
cannot do what you are trying to do. This is not something that you can work
around. To do what you want you MUST have DNS resolution of your
hostname/domainname to your IP address. That is the only way.

--Rich