On 11 March 2010 11:28, Milan Tomic <tomicmi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have in my htpd.conf:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ProxyPass /Context1 ajp://localhost:8008/Context1
> ProxyPass /Context2 ajp://localhost:8008/Context2
> </VirtualHost>
>
> if I say:
>
> JkMount /Context1 worker1
> JkMount /Context2 worker2
>
> Is this OK? This means /Context1 will be served my worker1 and /Context2 will
> be served my worker2? I can use JkMount together with ProxyPass as above?

You seem to be trying to use mod_jk and mod_proxy simultaneously to do
the same thing.

The JkMount directive  is for use with mod_jk, and the ProxyPass
configuration is for mod_proxy. Both are modules which can use the AJP
protocol to talk to a back-end application server, but you need to
choose which you're going to use.

There's lots of documentation about both options:-

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingModproxyWithJBoss

Your ProxyPass configuration by itself looks okay to me, does it not
achieve what you're looking for?

-- Phil