How can I configure one file with multiple mime types?

The behaviour I want to achieve is that described here,
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

- when a file is requested and the user agent advertises
"application/xhtml+xml" in the "Accept:" request header, I want Apache
to respond with a "Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml" response header

- otherwise I want Apache to respond with a "Content-Type: text/html"
response header

I tried configuring both "application/xhtml+xml" and "text/html" mime
types with the "AddType" directive, without success - Apache always
responds with either "Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml" or

How can I configure one file with multiple mime types?